Printing standards for magazine production require high-quality copy, which can only be achieved if the copy supplied is in certain specific formats, and on certain types of media. The requirements for all Foundry Trade Journal Ltd publications are set out below. If you are unfamiliar with some of the terminology, our Salesperson or Production Executive should be able to advise you - or you can contact an agency or reprographic bureau.
- Email: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org The Subject line of the email should include these details:
- [YourCompanyName] [Ad/Logo/Copy] for [PublicationName] [Month]
- Disks: CD or DVD rom
- Hard copy/Transparencies: Send by post or courier to reach Rivers Media Services, Brockington Studio, Bodenham, Hereford HR1 3HT United Kingdom before the Ad Copy Date deadline (our Salesperson will tell you when this is).
- Images: Pictures/Photos/Logos/Illustrations should be supplied as TIFF or EPS minimum resolution 300dpi at size to be used, colour-separated for spot colours and CMYK. If sending by email, compressed JPEG is acceptable. If colour matching is required, a colour proof should be supplied by post or courier.
- Images: Pictures/Photos/Logos/Illustrations should be supplied as TIFF or EPS (binary format not JPEG Encoded) minimum resolution 300dpi at size to be used, colour-separated for spot colours and CMYK. If sending by email or ISDN, compressed JPEG is acceptable. Otherwise original hard copy for scanning should be supplied. If colour matching is required, a colour proof should be supplied by post or courier to your contact in dmg.
- Lineart scans must be TIFF or EPS, minimum 600dpi,or hard copy for scanning.
- Text: Text Only, Rich Text Format, or a MS Word document.
- Fonts: Any fonts required must be supplied (screen and printer) - Mac, Type 1 Postscript or TrueType. Otherwise our nearest available match will be used.
- PDFs: Files should be saved in CMYK at 300dpi at the correct size.
- Mechanical specifications: Copy must also conform to the specifications listed in the publication media pack. Our Salesperson or Production Executive can supply you with the details.
- Quark Xpress Passport : all files must be saved in the single language version format.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Acrobat
If the copy received does not conform to the formats listed above, Foundry Trade Journal Ltd regret that it may be returned to you for correction. MS Publisher, PowerPoint, CorelDraw, Web images and logos are not acceptable as the resolution is too low. Should you wish us to undertake any adjustments or artwork on the copy you supply, this may incur an additional charge at a similar rate to a reprographic bureau. In this event, your Sales contact or Production Executive will contact you.